1up games in Hamilton Marks mecca for retro gamers
Any other places we can list them here
Please no thread crapping on this topic
Sir Syd Bolton for moderator

maxlords
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby maxlords » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:06 pm

No worries...but lets keep all these posts in one Game store and flea market thread from now on. Keeps the clutter down and people can go to one place for all the info. Addresses and locations are always great too! Marc is a great guy...here's his place:

1UP Games
1104 Fennell Ave E
Hamilton, ON
905 389 0561
"This isn't a bar fight. Have some class." - Alucard
- Castlevania (Netflix)

Sparky
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Sparky » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Yes, If the topic or question is about Video game stores or fleamarkets it goes in here and ONLY here!!!

Also fellow members please share your thoughts on the stores and markets as they are posted as we want people to know about the good spots and the bad :)

B-Button
loonie
loonie

Postby B-Button » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:18 pm

To answer your question from the other post, DSL is at the St. Jacobs Farmers Market in Waterloo. I was just in there today, good guy.

They are open Thursday and Saturday I believe from 7-3.

johngecko
timbit
timbit

Postby johngecko » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:06 am

Just got back from another great day at
A & C games706 Spadina Ave
Toronto Ont
416-923-3066
Check them out
here is there website
www.acgamesonline.com
The retro gaming haven for gamers
Everything every made in video games
Consoles,games,imports
Sir Syd Bolton for moderator

BirdmanDodd
timbit
timbit

Postby BirdmanDodd » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:40 pm

I really recommend Entertainment Overload in Hamilton and Welland and St Catherines
Fantastic selection of stuff and pretty reasonably priced
I've found some really cool stuff and completed some series for WAY less then ebay

MuppetMaster
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby MuppetMaster » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:48 pm

BirdmanDodd wrote:I really recommend Entertainment Overload in Hamilton and Welland and St Catherines
Fantastic selection of stuff and pretty reasonably priced
I've found some really cool stuff and completed some series for WAY less then ebay

Agreed, I'm a regular at the one in hamilton and the selection is great and the prices are more than reasonable.

jhd
stubby
stubby

Postby jhd » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Can non-Toronto-area people play too?

I just got back from Disc Xchange (here in Calgary). The store mainly sells DVDs and CDs, but there was a modest selection of games as well. I found several PS 2 games I wanted (detailed in the finds thread) and prices were, for the most part, very reasonable.

There was some hardware in the front display case (most Wii accessories and a few older PSPs), but I have no comment on those prices.

About 500 feet away is located Video Game Trader. Their selection of PS 2 games skewed towards limited editions and import RPGs -- with prices to match. On some titles, they were about double of the store next door!

Outside of Calgary is Games, Music, Inc. in Red Deer. The selection is just amazing -- from pong systems to PS 3 and Xbox 360. Prices range wildly from quite reasonable to "they obviously don't want to sell it".

There is a smaller shop, again almost next door to this place (the name of which I don't recall) that also has a decent selection, but prices are much, much higher than their neighbour.

BirdmanDodd
timbit
timbit

Postby BirdmanDodd » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Another store in Hamilton that has some occasionally bad ass stuff is Letterbox downtown on King St
some of the prices can suck but the selection is usually not too bad depending on what you want.

Another place is the Cheapies on King St downtown
Sometimes you can find some good rare games in there and the prices are usually good too but its a hit and miss in there

trevordb

Postby trevordb » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:38 pm

I live in Waterloo ON and the only game store I know of that isn't GameStop is Games Exchange (91 Queen Street) I like some of the people who work there, but their selection is always the same, you have to visit frequently if you want to find something cool. prices are a little high.

I have been to the microplay 685 Fischer Hallman Road B and they have a tiny selection of old stuff but mostly new, but I went there once and got Tomba! 2 for $2.99 I screamed "HOLY SHIT, YES!" and every one in the store looked at me, I have not been back since, but it is an alright store. But a friend said now they sell their retro stuff for the prices you find them on eBay :(

atari charles
loonie
loonie

Flea Markets

Postby atari charles » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 pm

I would recommend this as a good read:

http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13322

loporjai2003
toonie
toonie

Postby loporjai2003 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 am

Went to Courtice as a pilgrimage to TMLFAN's booth, too bad he wasn't there.

Wife and dog went too.

Prices were fair, didn't buy anything, and saw some of the stuff he bought from me there :lol: , it's all good.

Took a pic too.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7522/r0014016.jpg

Was one other game vendor, their prices were a bit higher so they had more stock and that vendor cut up perfectly good boxes for their signs ? VB box .. ouch.

sniperCCJVQ
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby sniperCCJVQ » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:36 pm

The City Guide in the site menu bar is where this should go !

tmlfan
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby tmlfan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:50 am

loporjai2003 wrote:Went to Courtice as a pilgrimage to TMLFAN's booth, too bad he wasn't there.

Wife and dog went too.

Prices were fair, didn't buy anything, and saw some of the stuff he bought from me there :lol: , it's all good.

Took a pic too.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7522/r0014016.jpg

Was one other game vendor, their prices were a bit higher so they had more stock and that vendor cut up perfectly good boxes for their signs ? VB box .. ouch.

:D .. Like polkaroo you missed me. I try to make it in when I can, its a long haul and Gas is expensive :evil:

Glad you could stop in, we try to keep things fair for customers. It really getting hard to keep decent games in stock, but of course there are deals for our regulars.

starsoldier1
stubby
stubby

Postby starsoldier1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:36 pm

PLEASE VISIT MY STORE!! I also have a Flea Market booth at the 400 Market (#2515) in Innisfil, ON. It's small and way in the back too but my prices are fair and if you are from the forum here I may give ya a discount 'n stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQlMY15rz84

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”