VR Racing Simulator

Open forum to all gaming discussions

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

VR Racing Simulator

Postby jasonec » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

tekkaraiden
toonie
toonie

Re: VR Racing Simulator

Postby tekkaraiden » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:15 pm

That's fun, would have like to see a bit more of the flight sim part.

mortron
timbit
timbit

Postby mortron » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:40 am

That looks rad! And here I was thinking how much more I'd like a driving game with wheel feedback , but I could live with an upright :lol:

CanadianRyGuy
loonie
loonie

Postby CanadianRyGuy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:27 pm

I think I would prefer a multi monitor setup and just standard rumble in the seat over the VR and all the hydraulics or whatever he's got in there

scoltx
toonie
toonie

Postby scoltx » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:19 pm

CanadianRyGuy wrote:I think I would prefer a multi monitor setup and just standard rumble in the seat over the VR and all the hydraulics or whatever he's got in there

Inside Sim Racing did a survey for one of their podcasts and it seemed to be a pretty even split on triple screens vs VR for those who've tried both. They've discussed VR for sim racing many times on their show, seems the motion sickness associated with VR with a number of other video games is not as much an issue with the driving games / sims. Still a number of respondents went back to the triple screens. I'm uni-monitored when I setup the sim rig but at least it's 44 inches.

CanadianRyGuy
loonie
loonie

Postby CanadianRyGuy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:56 am

scoltx wrote:
CanadianRyGuy wrote:I think I would prefer a multi monitor setup and just standard rumble in the seat over the VR and all the hydraulics or whatever he's got in there

Inside Sim Racing did a survey for one of their podcasts and it seemed to be a pretty even split on triple screens vs VR for those who've tried both. They've discussed VR for sim racing many times on their show, seems the motion sickness associated with VR with a number of other video games is not as much an issue with the driving games / sims. Still a number of respondents went back to the triple screens. I'm uni-monitored when I setup the sim rig but at least it's 44 inches.

Do you have a picture of yours? How much did yours cost all in?

scoltx
toonie
toonie

Postby scoltx » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:36 pm

CanadianRyGuy wrote:
scoltx wrote:

Do you have a picture of yours? How much did yours cost all in?

LOL, currently it's a Logitech G27 wheel, pedals and shifter attached to a TV table with a folding chair, mated to a PS3 and into a 44" HDTV! I do have a Sega driving cab that the controls will be transplanted in to, sitting in the garage. I'll likely end up with a smaller 32" HDTV as I think that will fit the cab without issue. It's a WIP. I must say that Gran Turismo 5 and 6 are a hoot to play even with the improvised rig. The force feedback on the G27 feels better than the Naomi setup in the Sega cab. My plan is to have the cab setup with USB and HDMI jacks externally available on the cab so I can run the PS3 or a PC for maybe some mame and Iracing.com stuff later. It'll look like an arcade cab but play more like a sim rig.

Robert
timbit
timbit

Postby Robert » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:28 pm

The kidney buster

Return to “Anything Gaming Goes”