Anybody know this guy and his collection?

Buy, Sell, Trade

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

crazyjackcsa
loonie
loonie

Anybody know this guy and his collection?

Postby crazyjackcsa » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Could be an interesting deal... anybody been in touch with him? The add isn't very good to say the least.

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel ... Z568434786
Wii 1664 5700 2102 2625

jcalder8
stubby
stubby

Postby jcalder8 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 pm

If he has so many rare and interesting items why did he show nothing but shit?

michaelsonline
timbit
timbit

Postby michaelsonline » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:10 pm

R@RE Items!

Gameguy
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Gameguy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:26 pm

I replied to this after seeing the ad posted here, got a reply back within a minute with a full list. This collector has an odd name, it's "DreamStorage Auctions". Weird name for a collector, it almost sounds like a type of business.

Anyway, as far as the games go most are junk or just common. The Gamecube games have a few good ones, but while the Mario Party and Mario Kart games are worth a fair amount, they're still common games and buying a bundle just to get those isn't worth it. One PS1 game caught my eye, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. Plenty of current gen stuff too including PS3, 360, and Wii games. Nothing stands out though.

The best games the guy has is for the Sega Saturn. Burning Ranger, Hercs Adventure, Radiant SilverGun(import), and others. Not everything is complete though. Without this Saturn bundle I wouldn't consider anything in this collection impressive.

Personally I feel everything listed is worth no more than $3000, and that's being generous. There's not enough rare games included to make spending thousands worthwhile. Selling these systems and games in separate bundles would be more reasonable, though most still won't be appealing. You can consider it worth $12,000 if you're going by original retail prices only, that's it.
Check out my stuff for sale!!!(click below)

crazyjackcsa
loonie
loonie

Postby crazyjackcsa » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:51 am

That's what I kind of figured. Thanks!
Wii 1664 5700 2102 2625

Sydric
toonie
toonie

Postby Sydric » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:37 am

I have met him before - he bought a few items from me, and a lot of the sealed Xbox stuff my buddy was selling at our last Spring Cleanup in May (most of you CGCC'ers miss out on great stuff at our Spring Cleanups by the way - next one is May 10).

Anyways, he does buy and sell stuff that he finds at Auctions etc. but also has a personal collection of games, which he is obviously selling.

I can't speak further to anything because I have never done any type of transaction with him except him buying from me and knowing that he has been doing this for a while now.
The Personal Computer Museum
Brantford, ON - Free Admission
www.pcmuseum.ca

WALKSAFE
loonie
loonie

Postby WALKSAFE » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:25 am

I've seen a number of their posts on Facebook and the Cambridge portion of Kijiji. I don't know if I'd technically consider them a retailer but I've never been overly impressed by the items they've posted or the prices really.
WTB: SNES dust sleeves! If you've got any, please let me know!

Return to “The Swap Shop”