Wireless controller for original SNES

Buy, Sell, Trade

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, omnedon

ed1099

Wireless controller for original SNES

Postby ed1099 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:43 pm

I was hoping someone could recommend a good wireless controller for an original SNES (not the mini classic)? Also if you can reply with a link to where it can be bought in Canada that would be super helpful. I'm really out of the loop here and there seems to be a plethora of options available so hoping someone has some real world hands on experience and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

CoitusMysterioso

Re: Wireless controller for original SNES

Postby CoitusMysterioso » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:02 pm

ed1099

Postby ed1099 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking for a wireless SNES controller but I notice the same company makes one. Im guessing you like the 8bitdo product? Cheers

maxlords
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby maxlords » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:35 pm

I have an 8BitDo SNES controller. They're very close to the originals and fairly well built. The battery life could be better, but they're honestly not bad for a third party rechargeable and they sync quite easily to computers or anything with an 8BitDo dongle. In addition, 8BitDo makes a Bluetooth conversion kit for original SNES controllers now at around $20 US that allows you to solderless mod the official controller to bluetooth so you retain that authentic feel. You'll have to buy the kit and whatever dongle you need to connect it, but they make them for NES, SNES, SNES and NES mini, and a few other things to boot.
"This isn't a bar fight. Have some class." - Alucard
- Castlevania (Netflix)

ed1099

Postby ed1099 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Thanks again for the info. I think i'll try the 8bitdo.

Although I am tempted by the Konami Hyperbeam. If I got one I could maybe give SETI a hand;)

Return to “The Swap Shop”