Fair price for converted classics?

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

RayB
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Fair price for converted classics?

Postby RayB » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:07 am

I'm looking for opinions... What would you say is a fair price to pay for an old classic cab that's been converted over to a lame JAMMA game?

I'm asking in the interest of restoration. I'd end up selling the conversion kit pcb, bezel, and marquee, which would leave me with the original
classic cabinet... I'd need to then buy all the original parts and/or repros.

We're talking Robotron cabinets... not exactly easy to get cheap parts
for. I suppose I could multi-Williams it??

RB

erdna77
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby erdna77 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:33 am

Let me know what you end up doing. I'm picking up a Robotron Cab next week too!!
Wanted:
- Metal brackets for Centipede upright
- Mint condition Space Invaders bezel
- Indianna Jones Pinball

monkeybug
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Re: Fair price for converted classics?

Postby monkeybug » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:09 am

RayB wrote:I'm looking for opinions... What would you say is a fair price to pay for an old classic cab that's been converted over to a lame
JAMMA game?

$75-$200 CDN. Depending on things like monitor quality, cabinet quality, current conversion etc...

If you want
a Multi-Williams then you have the choice of either the wider cabinets (Joust/Robotron/Stargate/Defender) and go with www.phoenixarcade for artwork or look
at the slimmer ones (Sinistar/Moon Patrol/Make Trax) and go with www.arcadeshop.com's artwork.

RayB
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

thoughts about multi-williams

Postby RayB » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:26 am

I was looking at the multi-williams cab that ArcadeShop sells, and it's not that cool looking (the side-art). Got me thinking, why even bother putting a
multi-Williams pcb in a Williams cab if it's gonna be painted black with that "collage" artwork on the sides anyways? You can put it in any cab, no?

Then I was thinking, if I'm gonna restore a cab to its original state, but put in a multi-Williams, that means the control panel will either have to
be mutli-williams, or original with extra holes cut into it (which sounds wrong).

Can a multi-williams PCB be configured to power on to just one
game?

monkeybug
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby monkeybug » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:33 pm

I
agree. I have a moon patrol that I would like to convert to a Multi-Williams. Moon Patrol is good but a Multi-Williams is better. And the Moon Patrol side
are is pretty cool so I would restore it to original and get an extra control panel for the MW kit.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”