Sega New Astro City Candy Cab (Toronto) 650.00 Firm SOLD!(2012 post)

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 am

I hear ya man. Sorry, I am only taking cash, no trades. But thanks..
Sega Astro City 2.

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 am

:cry:

What a tight fit!

I hope you don't mind the pics up. If you do, tell me, I will take em down...
Sega Astro City 2.

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:07 pm

SOLD ???

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:17 pm

yup as stated in title..
Sega Astro City 2.

2Dshootme
loonie
loonie

Postby 2Dshootme » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Yeah, it barely got in. I had to remove the door as well to get it in the house. Now I know what all the fuss is about for moving cabs/pinballs. At least this one has wheels to move this 200 lb cab around.

Thanks again Q.B., I'm loving the cab. :D

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 pm

What are you going to use it for? MAME?

2Dshootme
loonie
loonie

Postby 2Dshootme » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Yes, it's setup for MAME at the moment. It has a J-PAC in there.

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm

WOW .. that was quick.

What are you using? ArcadeVGA, soft15? software? How do you power the whole thing?

Do share.. :)

2Dshootme
loonie
loonie

Postby 2Dshootme » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Well the cab already came set-up for MAME from Q.B. From what I can remember, the sound harness was modified to get the sound from the PC. There's also a small amp to power the cab speakers. Power is from the CAB power supply and the J-Pac and speaker amp are powered from the computer.

And then from the other end of the J-Pac, it all goes to the computer. The J-Pac software is needed to map the buttons, MAME, soft 15 and quick res. is what I'm working with.

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:05 pm

awesome!

Very similar to my setup, except that I decided to use GroovyMAME + ATi 4xxxx series PCI-e video card + new ATI hacked drivers that interact with GroovyMAME to produce perfect results. Surprisingly, it works better than my old ArcadeVGA card did (supports more resolutions, and MAME selects better resolutions than it did under ArcadeVGA)

More info on arcade controls forum, in the groovymame forum (which I find to be the best MAME distro)

I also user Hyperspin. Paid for membership to get the emu-movies + all nice hyperspin themes. I have as much fun going through the games, as I do playing the games. :)

Nickv
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Nickv » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 pm

its way better to move the monitor and cab seperate. i moved mine around my house by myself a few times like that
Vids: TRON, New Astro City, Pacman 60in1, Crazy Taxi, joust cocktail, defender cocktail, red tent, naomi net dimm, pacman cocktail
Misc: Rockstar Fridge, Bud lite fridge, Wurlitzer Americana juke, hotdog cart

Nickv
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Nickv » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:42 pm

also congrats now there are at least 2 NAC in vaughan
Vids: TRON, New Astro City, Pacman 60in1, Crazy Taxi, joust cocktail, defender cocktail, red tent, naomi net dimm, pacman cocktail

Misc: Rockstar Fridge, Bud lite fridge, Wurlitzer Americana juke, hotdog cart

leonk
stubby
stubby

Postby leonk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 am

Nickv wrote:its way better to move the monitor and cab seperate. i moved mine around my house by myself a few times like that

you sure about that? I moved my cab together .. I figured the monitor is safter encased in a metal box than exposed to the world outside the cab.

As for Vaughn... you suburb folks. You have no idea what us city-folk that live in small 1900's homes need to do to move cabs. I had to take my cab apart (i.e. remove every bolt that holds the cab together) to get it into my family room in the basement. :D

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:13 pm

2Dshootme wrote:Yeah, it barely got in. I had to remove the door as well to get it in the house. Now I know what all the fuss is about for moving cabs/pinballs. At least this one has wheels to move this 200 lb cab around.

Thanks again Q.B., I'm loving the cab. :D

no problem, thanks for coming through and buying it like you said you would. Thanks for helping me with the door and making it easier for me. I will miss her, but I know she went to a good home. She has been good to me. Treat her right! lol

thanks again man Enjoy. nice meeting you.
Sega Astro City 2.

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Re: Sega New Astro City Candy Cab (Toronto) 650.00 Firm SOLD!!!!

Postby c0nn0r » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry to necro-bump this thread, but I just read through it and as an owner of a New Astro City I just had to say that I feel so bad for anyone that has had to sell a Candy Cabinet. I bought my NAC last fall for about $1k and I was just thinking today how big of an offer I would need in order to sell it. I could not come up with an amount that would make me sell! This thing is so damn nice, convenient (once it's inside and setup), comfortable (sitting!), and fun!

I currently have my SEGA Saturn in there for the great arcade ports with hassle of a PC, and have added a dual 8-button control panel so that I can have access to all the Saturn buttons. So dang tasty! As soon as I move into a real house (out of this apartment) I'm going to attempt to get at least one more cabinet so I can have both TATE and YOKO setups on the go. I'd love to find a Neo Geo candy cabinet, or a SEGA Aero Table, but that's probably never going to happen.

Anyways, I just wanted to chime in and comment about how great these cabinets are!

New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”