Balacade arcade auction

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Balacade arcade auction

Postby jasonec » Tue May 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Re: Balacade arcade auction

Postby jasonec » Tue May 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

nagamitsu
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby nagamitsu » Tue May 30, 2017 8:42 pm

Jumped to check what was listed, hoping to see Addams Family, but no....

Prices for shipping cover value for low listing price. :shock:

Tim

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Tue May 30, 2017 8:48 pm

nagamitsu wrote:Jumped to check what was listed, hoping to see Addams Family, but no....

Prices for shipping cover value for low listing price. :shock:

Tim

All items have free pickup in Muskoka though.....

nagamitsu
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby nagamitsu » Tue May 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Just saying. I've heard less on shipping cost guys pay to ship machines across the US, so $1500-$2000 to ship seems off. :?

Tim

Hammerhead
toonie
toonie

Postby Hammerhead » Tue May 30, 2017 8:53 pm

So they're finally closing up shop?

I tried to buy Gilligan's Island from him a few times, but he would only sell if I bought the entire arcade.
I am Francois Du Grimm and I will get medieval on your derriere!

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Tue May 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Hammerhead wrote:So they're finally closing up shop?

I tried to buy Gilligan's Island from him a few times, but he would only sell if I bought the entire arcade.

Nope - according to their Facebook page:

In order to make room for renovations and some newer games...this is happening now on eBay!! Own a piece of Balacade history.
The renewal is coming!

nagamitsu
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby nagamitsu » Tue May 30, 2017 8:57 pm

I think these are new owners. I had spoken to original owner about Addams Family not too long ago, seems someone has bought it (the arcade) and is trying to improve it.

Tim

keller

Postby keller » Tue May 30, 2017 9:09 pm

Paul sold the arcade

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Galaga/Ms.Pac Reunion, Chexx, PC10,Centipede, Hat trick, Arkanoid,Tetris,Asteroids,Gimmie a Break, Star Wars, Battlezone, Gyruss, Defender, SI,DKJR,1942, VS Baseball, Golden Tee 2019,Galag,412 in 1, VPinball, Taito 20 in 1, Lock n Chase, Tempest,

theyangman
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby theyangman » Tue May 30, 2017 9:28 pm

I thought eBay had a policy against this. They wanted to do away with the 1 cent items with 500 dollar shipping charges.

There is no plausible explanation for a 2000 dollar shipping charge. Are they using 5 dollar bills as packing material?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I want more games...

CoitusMysterioso

Postby CoitusMysterioso » Wed May 31, 2017 7:28 am

Doesn't matter what the actual shipping cost is there is nothing stopping a seller from charging you whatever they want for handling charges which are included in the shipping as per the shipping details.

Odds are they inflated the shipping price because they don't want to deal with it. Most people will choose local pickup. If someone is dumb enough to pay those prices for shipping so be it as hes getting paid well to do it.

theyangman wrote:I thought eBay had a policy against this. They wanted to do away with the 1 cent items with 500 dollar shipping charges.

There is no plausible explanation for a 2000 dollar shipping charge. Are they using 5 dollar bills as packing material?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Balacade.ca

Postby Balacade.ca » Wed May 31, 2017 9:14 am

Hi all,
First post on this site. I purchased the Balacade with a friend of mine a few short weeks ago.

In response to the comments about shipping, when I initially drafted the listings I didn't allow for shipping - just pick-up.
I then had to call E-bay to get account limits lifted to post everything since we are a new Ebay user. It was actually the rep at Ebay that convinced me to add really expensive shipping. I was told that local pick-up only will result in any payments being held for 21 days because we are a new account. I was told to add expensive shipping because apparently even if the shipping option isn't used and the item is just picked up, the holding period on payment is cut from 21 to about 3 days (I need to send a registered card by mail to each buyer and 72 hours later all funds will be released...something like that).

Had it not been for Ebay suggesting adding expensive shipping, the auction would have been pick-up only. CoitusMysterioso was correct in stating that we inflated the shipping price because we didn't want to deal with it. I have no idea how much it costs to ship large items and some of our games are really big and heavy (600+ lbs.). In fact, the second paragraph of each auction write-up addresses shipping, with the last sentence reading:

WE DO NOT WANT TO SHIP THESE ITEMS, HENCE THE HIGH SHIPPING COST.

Just thought I'd clarify!

Cheers.

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Davester » Wed May 31, 2017 1:12 pm

Pretty sure I heard a "boing" sound from Thunderstorm's groin area when this post went up...

Davester.
Pins: Funhouse
Race Drivin', Winding Heat, MAME, Touchmaster, Seeburg SPS2, Rockola 494, AMI Rowe Laserstar, Parking Meters, Payphone... if it takes coins, I want it!
Even those funny coin op machines in the ladies room...

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Wed May 31, 2017 1:17 pm

Davester wrote:Pretty sure I heard a "boing" sound from Thunderstorm's groin area when this post went up...

Davester.

lol

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Wed May 31, 2017 7:40 pm

Balacade.ca wrote:Hi all,
First post on this site. I purchased the Balacade with a friend of mine a few short weeks ago.

In response to the comments about shipping, when I initially drafted the listings I didn't allow for shipping - just pick-up.
I then had to call E-bay to get account limits lifted to post everything since we are a new Ebay user. It was actually the rep at Ebay that convinced me to add really expensive shipping. I was told that local pick-up only will result in any payments being held for 21 days because we are a new account. I was told to add expensive shipping because apparently even if the shipping option isn't used and the item is just picked up, the holding period on payment is cut from 21 to about 3 days (I need to send a registered card by mail to each buyer and 72 hours later all funds will be released...something like that).

Had it not been for Ebay suggesting adding expensive shipping, the auction would have been pick-up only. CoitusMysterioso was correct in stating that we inflated the shipping price because we didn't want to deal with it. I have no idea how much it costs to ship large items and some of our games are really big and heavy (600+ lbs.). In fact, the second paragraph of each auction write-up addresses shipping, with the last sentence reading:

WE DO NOT WANT TO SHIP THESE ITEMS, HENCE THE HIGH SHIPPING COST.

Just thought I'd clarify!

Cheers.

Welcome to cgcc and best of luck with balacade. I hope it stays alive. In planning a visit this summer.

Is there a story behind the purchase? Mind sharing?

Mike

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”