Woodgrain cabinet ideas

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

hell_rod

Woodgrain cabinet ideas

Postby hell_rod » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Hey everyone,

This is my first post! I'm a total novice and learning through trial and error, YouTube and just wingin' it.

Picked up an empty woodgrain cabinet the other day and bouncing around ideas about what to put in there. Other than Frogger I can't seem to find anything that may have originally been in a dedicated woodgrain. Guessing they were mainly generic for rotating kits. I'd like to keep it looking old school and thought I'd toss a 60 in 1 in there to start.

If anyone knows of anything else that may have originally gone in one of these or has some ideas I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Newfie
loonie
loonie

Re: Woodgrain cabinet ideas

Postby Newfie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:40 pm

A lot (if not all) of the Centuri games came in a wood grain cabinet as well. Time Pilot, Phoenix, Vanguard, etc.

Other Sega games (like Zaxxon) came in a wood grain cab as well.

Post a pic.
Working games - Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Dig Dug, Bagman, Track & Field, Pole Position, Joust, Time Pilot 84, Burgertime, Super Pacman, Mario Bros (WB version), Centipede, Millipede, Zaxxon, Galaxian

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:16 pm

A lot of cabaret (mid-size) cabinets came in wood grain too, as did many generic cabs.
Post pics!

I'm going to beat B1 to the punch and say "you can throw in a 60-in-1 PCB!" :lol:
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

hell_rod

Postby hell_rod » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Hmmm. Get the message "Board attachment quota has been reached" when trying to add a pic.

Looks like I need help with basic computer skills as well...

I'll try again.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:23 pm

hell_rod wrote:Hmmm. Get the message "Board attachment quota has been reached" when trying to add a pic.

Looks like I need help with basic computer skills as well...

I'll try again.

The easiest way to get pics on CGCC (because we've reached our upload cap) is to use imgur (just Google "imgur upload", drag files over, and paste the link they give you in your CGCC post and put image tags around it using the "Img" button on the toolbar).

For example, if the link is:

http://i.imgur.com/hIvQXx9.png

Then, just highlight the whole line and click the Img button (this will put Img tags around it), and it will show up as a picture:

It's easy once you get used to it (trust me!) :D
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

hell_rod

Postby hell_rod » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Ok. So the story goes - the place was hit by lightning and it fried everything inside. Board was removed and apparently nothing works. Last game to be in there was WWF Superstars but all that remains is the marquee. Figure I might as well start from scratch but keeping the classic woodgrain sides.

Had to get it out in a hurry and into storage so we could only get one shot before loading it up.

hell_rod

Postby hell_rod » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:11 pm

http://imgur.com/a/a7kl4

Here is the link to the photo. I'll figure it out eventually.

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:12 pm

hell_rod wrote:http://imgur.com/a/a7kl4

Here is the link to the photo. I'll figure it out eventually.

I fixed it for you - just have to right-click the image on Imgur and choose "Copy image address" to get the address to the .jpg file itself

hell_rod

Postby hell_rod » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Yes! Got it now.
Thanks

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:15 pm

It looks like a generic cab to me (from the wood grain on the front under the control panel), but I've never actually seen a similar generic cab like that one before (which is weird, since I've seen a LOT of cabs :shock: )

Were there any vendor stickers/labels inside the cabinet (e.g. stuck/stapled to the wood, etc.)

AllanSim
loonie
loonie

Postby AllanSim » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Drill one more button for each player and you can play any Neo Geo game. Drill 3 more each and you can make it SFII. Or if you like the classics you could just 60-in-1 it. Would be almost painless if you got a jamma connector in it, working power supply and the monitor works (aside from the cleaning)

b1buwg97
Secret Order of the Black Pac
Secret Order of the Black Pac

Postby b1buwg97 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:21 am

AllanSim wrote:Drill one more button for each player and you can play any Neo Geo game. Drill 3 more each and you can make it SFII. Or if you like the classics you could just 60-in-1 it. Would be almost painless if you got a jamma connector in it, working power supply and the monitor works (aside from the cleaning and rotating it)

hell_rod

Re: RE: Re: Woodgrain cabinet ideas

Postby hell_rod » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:21 pm

b1buwg97 wrote:
AllanSim wrote:Drill one more button for each player and you can play any Neo Geo game. Drill 3 more each and you can make it SFII. Or if you like the classics you could just 60-in-1 it. Would be almost painless if you got a jamma connector in it, working power supply and the monitor works (aside from the cleaning and rotating it)
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to find out more about the origins of the cabinet. It's not at my place so I'll post photos later if there is anything inside that might provide more info.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”