What is harder (pause) to get Candy Cab or PVM/BVM?

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

Q B
stubby
stubby

What is harder (pause) to get Candy Cab or PVM/BVM?

Postby Q B » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:57 pm

What do you all think? what is more realistic to buy because of the supply and demand of these things?
Sega Astro City 2.

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Re: What is harder (pause) to get Candy Cab or PVM/BVM?

Postby Lordsxo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 pm

I think a PVM is a little harder to get than a candy can... Unless you include quad PVMs that no one wants then it maybe more even.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)
Passively looking for a Crazy Taxi upright.

scogon
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby scogon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:21 pm

yeah I think PVM, if you want a candy you just have to really pay up and ship from the Netherlands (RKLOK) or from California... there are always some for sale somewhere if you want one. I don't know of a PVM source... other than Nick who acquires his through some sort of mind tricks or voodoo.

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:58 am

yeah eh?

Man I really miss those pixel perfect non fuzzy looking 2 d games that I had on my Candy. My thinking was ohh i can prob find a PVM and get that look. but yeahhh not the case to easy acquire those monitors.

Candy Cab mission will commence....
Sega Astro City 2.

YomanWasup

Postby YomanWasup » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:21 pm

In my experience, PVMs aren't so hard to find assuming you know where to look (and aren't picky with size). I've managed to pick up a 9 inch and 13 inch PVM from an electronics warehouse and flea market store selling assorted electronics (think sound systems and appliances and such). Both for less than $100 each.

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:12 pm

YomanWasup wrote:In my experience, PVMs aren't so hard to find assuming you know where to look (and aren't picky with size). I've managed to pick up a 9 inch and 13 inch PVM from an electronics warehouse and flea market store selling assorted electronics (think sound systems and appliances and such). Both for less than $100 each.

9" and 13" are relatively easy to come by because few people want to game on those. 20" seems to be the start of where the "Grail" lies in these things. 25" is getting into Holy Grail territory, and well, if you can snag one of those 30" ones you are God Tier.

From my research the 20L5 is the ideal unit as it does 480p in addition to 240p. These are rapidly going up in price, and in reality are nigh-on impossible to locate unless you are friends with Moses Znaimer.
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”