custom arcade artwork printing

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

stuartr7

custom arcade artwork printing

Postby stuartr7 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 am

Hi,
can anyone recommend where to get custom marquee,cpo,etc printed for a good price in ontario?

thanks

rayzer55

Re: custom arcade artwork printing

Postby rayzer55 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:53 am

Not in Ontario but ThisOldGame in the U.S. does custom artwork. It may take longer but will be done right.

GeorgeGlass
timbit
timbit

Postby GeorgeGlass » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:52 am

I use printing house here in hamilton they do a good job - I usually make sure they do colour matching to make sure I get the right colours.
Reverse vinyl in plexi has cost me $150 so not cheap but I'm happy with the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChanceKJ
loonie
loonie

Postby ChanceKJ » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:23 am

Depends on a few factors:

For me and my projects i have a few different places for different things....

If i'm doing custom artwork i usually use Brad Bowmen, Here's a link to get in touch with him on the BYOAC:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.p ... 866.0.html
He's in the US, (actually they all are, all the best ones anyway) But i don't really trust anyone else to do the work i need. Examples of what he's done for me are in my projects thread below, as he did the Donkey Kong Ultimate project, and the printing for my FLYNN's Arcade Mame cab.

Alternatively, Steve Szabo from szabosarcades.com does top quality work I haven't ordered from him, but he's quickly becoming one of the best in the hobby for custom and digitally printed repro work.

Now, if i'm working on a restoration, 100% of the time i'll only buy from: PhoenixArcade.com , ThisOldGame.com , Arcadeshop.com, or even MikesArcade.com , Twisted Quarter, or Quarter Arcade. Depending on what game i'm working on depends on who I buy from. But usually they are the go to places for repro art. Especially Phoenix or This Old Game. Yes, Phoenix and TOG are quite pricy, but the stuff they make is as close to original as possible. Some times for me that matters, other times it doesn't. Just do the research and ask around. Also, This Old Game has been known for taking time to ship orders at times. I haven't experienced a wait time longer then 1 month, I've been lucky. Rich at TOG makes some of the best stuff possible and i know it's basically just a 2 person operation. Plus not everything is in stock online, most times they have a back order and need to run a second printing. Keep in mind places like TOG and Phoenix also don't just do digital printing. The specialize in a few other older print methods that can be expensive and take time, but are the same way things were done in the 70's-90's.

As mentioned before these guys are all American. I simply haven't found a place north of the 49th that understands games, the materials, or the quality that the rest mentioned above do. Yes, you can go to any old printer (and i researched MANY of them here in Calgary) but 9 out of 10 times you'll get a better product, that will hold up longer, and use the proper materials, probably for the same or less money then some random printing house. Duty and border taxes suck, so does shipping, but it's just the best way it's done for the time being.

Also, do yourself a favour and maybe stay clear of Escape Pod, for many, many reasons.
ImageImage

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”