Possible Candy Cabs Buy (No longer happening)

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

amplibax
timbit
timbit

Re: Posible Candy Cabs Buy

Postby amplibax » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:04 pm

I'm still interested in a Blast City. I'll send you message.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KCSlater

Postby KCSlater » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi there,

I’m interested in a New Net City if possible, but would also be open to a Blast City if that’s all that is still available.

PM sent!

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:33 am

Lordsxo wrote:
c0nn0r wrote:Any chance at Neo Geo candy cabinets?

I'm going to ask but I have a feeling that there isn't any, because the are trying to sell me a few other things too, like Megalows and insanely priced Initial D's, so I'm sure that they would have mentioned them as well.

Megalo's eh?

I had an angle on a FREE Megalo 2 back in Portland... I want one for sure, but not sure it;s the right time for me. I'd just want the seat/CP area, not the 50" projection part.

Are they offering a good price? I guess shipping on something that big would be a real punch to the gut.
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

amplibax
timbit
timbit

Re: RE: Re: Posible Candy Cabs Buy

Postby amplibax » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 am

Lordsxo wrote:
MR.MK2 wrote:Hey lord is there a email I can reach you at my pm is flakey, an idea when you think this is going down? Thx

I'm going to firm my order with them this week, unless everyone that was interested before, isn't, after the pictures.
I think your mailbox might be full. I sent a couple PMs but they are stuck in my outbox. (150 message limit is pretty low)

Either way I'm definitely interested in a Blast City for myself (preferably) as well as another Blast City or an Egret (whichever is available) - for a local buddy of mine.

Thanks!

Nickv
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Nickv » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:17 pm

I would be interested in a megalo also just the seat control section. How much are they?
Vids: TRON, New Astro City, Pacman 60in1, Crazy Taxi, joust cocktail, defender cocktail, red tent, naomi net dimm, pacman cocktail
Misc: Rockstar Fridge, Bud lite fridge, Wurlitzer Americana juke, hotdog cart

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:59 am

For the Megalo 50, it's the whole kit, or nothing. I'm sorry but it will take up to much room, plus they want $1100 fur them.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)
Passively looking for a Crazy Taxi upright.

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Re: Candy Cab Buy

Postby Lordsxo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:01 pm

So everyone, the purchase has gone though. So this possible candy cab buy has become an accually buy. So at this point, everyone that said that they were in will be included in the original offer of paying cost for what they are looking for, we'll work that out later. Any one beyond this point, I don't know if I can still offer one to them or for what price, but put it down on the thread.

Sorry but no pictures of the Egret's yet.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)

amplibax
timbit
timbit

Postby amplibax » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:03 pm

Congrats on making this happen! There have been a lot of failed attempts up to this point.

Nickv
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Nickv » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:09 pm

Congrats on making this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vids: TRON, New Astro City, Pacman 60in1, Crazy Taxi, joust cocktail, defender cocktail, red tent, naomi net dimm, pacman cocktail

Misc: Rockstar Fridge, Bud lite fridge, Wurlitzer Americana juke, hotdog cart

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:24 pm

It's not successful yet, but I guess alot of them fail from getting the funds together. But you never know what will happen, this guy might have all these machines sitting around or they are running around from game center to game center, buying the machines directly from operators, or the container may fall off, into the sea.

At least, the first big step is done.

jeffo
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby jeffo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:33 pm

Great news!
Official member of the Banana Republik!

Jagshemash!

My Trade list: http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11319

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:46 pm

Congrats! This is very cool. Hope you can document the process for us!

Cheers!
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:11 pm

Awesome work!

Jump

Postby Jump » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:56 pm

I'm pretty excited. Whats the best way to take the yellowing out of the chassis?

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 am

Jump wrote:I'm pretty excited. Whats the best way to take the yellowing out of the chassis?

From what I understand "retrobright" seems to work nicely. The only yellowed parts on my New Astro City is the plastic speaker shroud. I've thought about whitening it, but to be honest, the yellowing matches the rest of the battle scars on the cab. Perhaps one day I will do a full restore - which will include taking the whole thing apart and getting it professionally re-painted, but until then I'm just going to keep it as-is and enjoy playing it!

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”