Vewlix L Group Buy

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

mwong168
timbit
timbit

Re: Vewlix L Group Buy

Postby mwong168 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 pm

aerostarz actually bought his vewlix clone off brad808 almost two years ago here:

http://cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29 ... 15#p256336

and the units in this group buy are vewlix l clones from china. I believe a real one would cost you almost double. I am very happy with mine and I got mine from Jugo in Montreal last summer and offered to help him by letting potential customers come over to see and play mine before they bought from him.

Jump

Postby Jump » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Thanks for the correction. :)
I knew someone got a unit from jugo.
I thought the units brad brought in were all the grey color, that's why I was thinking he got the red one from jugo.
How were the buttons on yours? Chinese brand?

mwong168
timbit
timbit

Postby mwong168 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:36 pm

Jump wrote:Thanks for the correction. :)
I thought the units brad brought in were all the grey color, that's why I was thinking he got the red one from jugo.

Buttons were chinese brand and i swapped them in for Sanwa. The joystick is chinese too but brad808 told me they are pretty much identical to a jlf as he had both apart side by side. My LCD is 1080p which was a pleasant surprise and exactly what i needed. You can see my full and detailed build thread here

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/thread ... ject.6438/

I also mentioned this thread too in case anyone else wants an opportunity to own one of the best looking and designed candy cabs ever :mrgreen:

Jump

Postby Jump » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:52 pm

mwong168 wrote:
Jump wrote:Thanks for the correction. :)

Buttons were chinese brand and i swapped them in for Sanwa. The joystick is chinese too but brad808 told me they are pretty much identical to a jlf as he had both apart side by side. My LCD is 1080p which was a pleasant surprise and exactly what i needed. You can see my full and detailed build thread here

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/thread ... ject.6438/

I also mentioned this thread too in case anyone else wants an opportunity to own one of the best looking and designed candy cabs ever :mrgreen:

Cheers. I appreciate the cross post. I also agree that the Vewlix is the best looking candy. It's got the girlfriend playing on the arcades...so how can I complain?

I would just suggest checking one thing though, Jugo tried to sell me a few units, but we couldn't come to a final agreement. He gave me the model number of the monitors in his units, it's a LC320DXE, and although he advertised his units as 1080p, they aren't infact 1080p, which is why I didn't end up making a deal with him. They are native 720p, and can display a 1080p signal, but are still only 720p native resolution. They're great screens still, and have a good Typ GtG timing. I really wanted a native 1080p display for the ps4, so I went through the trouble of finding a quality manufacturer to fit my needs. You might want to pop off the back cover and see if perhaps you have a different monitor than the one he quoted me, if that sort of thing matters to you at all. I also have a copy of the monitor's data sheet if you're interested.

brad808
toonie
toonie

Postby brad808 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Don't drag me into any of this I'm staying way out of all of it.

mwong168
timbit
timbit

Postby mwong168 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 am

Jump wrote:They are native 720p, and can display a 1080p signal, but are still only 720p native resolution. They're great screens still, and have a good Typ GtG timing. I really wanted a native 1080p display for the ps4, so I went through the trouble of finding a quality manufacturer to fit my needs. You might want to pop off the back cover and see if perhaps you have a different monitor than the one he quoted me, if that sort of thing matters to you at all. I also have a copy of the monitor's data sheet if you're interested.

I wasn't sure what resolution my LCD was in my cab and was prepared for it to be only 720p. I had set my xbox360 to 720p when it was connected to my 58" LCD screen which my daughter plays consoles on. I forgot to do the same on my PS4 and when I hooked it up in my vewlix I was pleasantly surprised to see it display 1080p in the corner.

I have always played MAME on LCD monitors and never bothered me like it does others. When I go downstairs and given the choice to play pinballs or vids I think pinball wins 99% of the time :P I just like to have a MAME cabinet around because it is nice to be able relive your childhood memories for a few minutes. It's also nice because my daughter has enjoyed these older games since she was very young too. It's too bad when she is given the choice of video games Minecraft wins 99% of the time too :roll:

Jump

Postby Jump » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:02 pm

mwong168 wrote:
Jump wrote:They are native 720p, and can display a 1080p signal, but are still only 720p native resolution. They're great screens still, and have a good Typ GtG timing. I really wanted a native 1080p display for the ps4, so I went through the trouble of finding a quality manufacturer to fit my needs. You might want to pop off the back cover and see if perhaps you have a different monitor than the one he quoted me, if that sort of thing matters to you at all. I also have a copy of the monitor's data sheet if you're interested.

I wasn't sure what resolution my LCD was in my cab and was prepared for it to be only 720p. I had set my xbox360 to 720p when it was connected to my 58" LCD screen which my daughter plays consoles on. I forgot to do the same on my PS4 and when I hooked it up in my vewlix I was pleasantly surprised to see it display 1080p in the corner.

I have always played MAME on LCD monitors and never bothered me like it does others. When I go downstairs and given the choice to play pinballs or vids I think pinball wins 99% of the time :P I just like to have a MAME cabinet around because it is nice to be able relive your childhood memories for a few minutes. It's also nice because my daughter has enjoyed these older games since she was very young too. It's too bad when she is given the choice of video games Minecraft wins 99% of the time too :roll:

Just for clarification, the LC320DXE will display a 1080p signal, it will say 1080p in the box in the corner, but that's just simply saying what the signal is broadcast in. The monitor it self is 720p. Just like during my pandora's box boot screen it displays 800x600, it's just telling me what the source is broadcasting. It's possible you have a different monitor, you'd have to unscrew the upper back plate of the vewlix if you cared to find out.

I've considered getting a pinball, but I'm worried I wouldn't stop, if I did. So I'm just gonna stick with the vewlix. I noticed you have an adams family from the pictures in your vewlix build. I hear that is one of the more sought after pins, care to elaborate as to why that is?

I totally get the daughter thing, the vewlix has my girlfriend playing arcade games, so that's a pretty cool plus. I never could get into mine craft though.

c0nn0r
loonie
loonie

Postby c0nn0r » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:41 pm

mwong168 wrote:aerostarz actually bought his vewlix clone off brad808 almost two years ago here:

http://cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29 ... 15#p256336

and the units in this group buy are vewlix l clones from china. I believe a real one would cost you almost double. I am very happy with mine and I got mine from Jugo in Montreal last summer and offered to help him by letting potential customers come over to see and play mine before they bought from him.

When you say the Viewlix L "in this group buy" - are you referring to this thread we are in now, or the thread you linked to? I am interested in buying a Viewlix, but only legit.
New Astro City, CMVS, JAMMA Saturn & Genesis, MiSTer, PVMs: 2030, 1954Q, 2x 8044Q, 9L2, 9L3, + Extron Crosspoint

EvanW

Postby EvanW » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:26 pm

THe “Vewlix” here and in the linked thread are clones. Some may view that one is more an accurate clone than he other but both are indeed clones. An actual Taito Vewlix will run you 2-3 times more than the group buy here and the one purchased in the other thread. When you look at the bigger picture though these clones are manufactured to the same standards and likely similar facilities as a Taito Vewlix. The most noticeable differences are likely in wiring and power supplies. Most Japanese manufacturing occurs in China or elsewhere as it does in the rest of the world. THe cabinets offered here give you a color selection And choice of a 720p (standard) or upgrade to 1080p commercial monitor. Same as an actual Vewlix. Both the Vewlix and the clones are manufactured using the same materials as well. Think of it as the similar model of car only you can buy it from GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, etc

EvanW

Postby EvanW » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:30 pm

Vewlix model chart attached for comparison across ththe various models. Most difference is only color. You will see the Chinese L listed here so in my opinion it is a Vewlix although I have seen varying arguments for and against

http://www.candycab.es/akihabarainhome/ ... Vewlix.jpg

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”