Chamma To Jamma

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

shambles66

Chamma To Jamma

Postby shambles66 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Hey Everyone,

Last time I post this I promise. Quick question about the Chamma to Jamma conversion. I know there is an adapter from Mike's Arcade but the shipping to Toronto is nuts so I wont be doing that but would it make more sense to just take out the existing wiring and replace the Jamma harness? It is to replace a Super Street Fighter II Turbo pcb to pandora's box.

Thanks a lot for the info.
Mike

amplibax
timbit
timbit

Re: Chamma To Jamma

Postby amplibax » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi I replied to your previous thread about this with a link to jamma nation x. Have you looked into that? They have reasonable priced adapters and the shipping to Canada is low. Also there is a a new seller out of Canada that is selling jamma to chamma adapters but I'm not sure if they support the cps2 kick harness you have in your cabinet. You should message him and ask if he plans to add a cps2 connector.
Here's a link.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2873414499

To me, it makes no sense to pull the original jamma harness out of there. The ones from China are cheap crap. The wire is very thin and often so thin on the power wires that certain boards won't boot. Also you're going to have to splice wires in order to connect the monitor cable, audio and more.

The jamma harness in your cabinet is probably good quality if it's a Dynamo cabinet or something else. The cost for a good quality jamma harness with all of the correct connectors will be the same or more as one of the adapters.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

keller

Re: Chamma To Jamma

Postby keller » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:05 pm

no adapter needed, just wire it for chamma instead of jamma. Or vise versa. Both are 56 pin harness.
Galaga/Ms.Pac Reunion, Chexx, PC10,Centipede, Hat trick, Arkanoid,Tetris,Asteroids,Gimmie a Break, Star Wars, Battlezone, Gyruss, Defender, SI,DKJR,1942, VS Baseball, Golden Tee 2019,Galag,412 in 1, VPinball, Taito 20 in 1, Lock n Chase, Tempest,

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”