For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

TopTierArcade
loonie
loonie

Anyone selling their Super Sprint?

Postby TopTierArcade » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Yo guys,

I am asking for a friend. He played mine and loved it. Anyone willing to sell their Super Sprint Arcade? If so, please PM me. He's a serious buyer.

Thanks in advanced,

Steve
Welcome to Top Tier Arcade!

Newfie
loonie
loonie

Re: Anyone selling their Super Sprint?

Postby Newfie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Isn't there one on kijiji right now?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-old-video-games ... nFlag=true

Awesome game, wish I had room for one.
Working games - Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Dig Dug, Bagman, Track & Field, Pole Position, Joust, Time Pilot 84, Burgertime, Super Pacman, Mario Bros (WB version), Centipede, Millipede, Zaxxon, Galaxian

Newfie
loonie
loonie

Postby Newfie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:23 pm

There's one in better shape on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/609425599424644/
Shawn
Working games - Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Dig Dug, Bagman, Track & Field, Pole Position, Joust, Time Pilot 84, Burgertime, Super Pacman, Mario Bros (WB version), Centipede, Millipede, Zaxxon, Galaxian

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Ummm, they look like they're the same SS. Just an $800 difference. :shock:

Newfie
loonie
loonie

Postby Newfie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:04 pm

I dunno, one says mint condition, the other has a bunch of things not working, photo backgrounds look different. In any case, if they are the same, go for the $1000 one :)

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Newfie wrote:I dunno, one says mint condition, the other has a bunch of things not working, photo backgrounds look different. In any case, if they are the same, go for the $1000 one :)

Photo backgrounds look different? Both have a large soccer poster behind the SS! Both SS's have red start buttons! Both sellers are selling MK4! What a coincidence! :D

Anyway, SS is an awesome game. Good luck!

Gameguy
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Gameguy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:31 am

OTTOgd wrote:Photo backgrounds look different? Both have a large soccer poster behind the SS! Both SS's have red start buttons! Both sellers are selling MK4! What a coincidence! :D

There's a more simple explanation for what's going on. One of the sellers is stalking the other one, trying to exactly copy their life in every way. Copying the look of his house is just the beginning. When the original person buys a specific game, the stalker has to buy it too. And have it exactly match the original one which explains the same start buttons. When the original decides to sell a game, the stalker has to sell his too.

See, a simple explanation for why the prices are different. They're actually being listed by different people.
Check out my stuff for sale!!!(click below)

mwong168
timbit
timbit

Postby mwong168 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:46 am

OTTOgd wrote:
Newfie wrote:I dunno, one says mint condition, the other has a bunch of things not working, photo backgrounds look different. In any case, if they are the same, go for the $1000 one :)

Photo backgrounds look different? Both have a large soccer poster behind the SS! Both SS's have red start buttons! Both sellers are selling MK4! What a coincidence! :D

Anyway, SS is an awesome game. Good luck!

The most important common denominator here is they both have "turn keys" hacked under each race car :P

I went to check this out last night with my friend Steve mentioned in first post that is looking for a Super Sprint. The screen had a lot of trouble coming on initially but we suspect it was because we had to slide it over to a nearby outlet to test. I know these games are very finicky and don't like to be moved once working. We checked inside and reseated a few connectors and voila we got picture... except it was all blue. Game was very rough cosmetically and sorta worked but not consistently. Not sure if it is worth the $1000 asking price because it will be quite the project. My friend is no stranger to projects or restorations but he ended up passing.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”