Bell 9241 PVR "Known Problem"

Off topic, anything goes

Moderators: Sparky, maxlords, machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Bell 9241 PVR "Known Problem"

Postby Davester » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Anyone out there having problems with their Bell HD PVR?
For the past 2 days, mine has been reseting and freezing while watching recorded events.
3 Calls later to Bell's CS line and they say that it's a "known" problem with the software and that everyone with a model 9241 PVR is experiencing this problem. (Which I find really hard to believe.)
I'm getting really tired of reseting my PVR every hour.

Davester.
Pins: Funhouse
Race Drivin', Winding Heat, MAME, Touchmaster, Seeburg SPS2, Rockola 494, AMI Rowe Laserstar, Parking Meters, Payphone... if it takes coins, I want it!
Even those funny coin op machines in the ladies room...

joemomma
stubby
stubby

Postby joemomma » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:43 pm

All I know is Bell service SUCKS !! Had no phone for 5 days and they we're saying that "There is no problem on your line sir" ...I don't have a friggin dial tone dumbass......I think there's a problem......4 days later and what seemed like 20 hours on my cell phone to them.......they figured it out..Great customer service Bell....sorry didn't mean to hi-jack the topic...but the mention of Bell pisses me off !!

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mark » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:52 pm

davester whats your software rev in the sys info screen? Ill check mine and report back.

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Davester » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:36 pm

mark wrote:davester whats your software rev in the sys info screen? Ill check mine and report back.

Thanks Mark!

Davester.

Race Drivin', Winding Heat, MAME, Touchmaster, Seeburg SPS2, Rockola 494, AMI Rowe Laserstar, Parking Meters, Payphone... if it takes coins, I want it!

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Davester » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Nevermind... the unit spent last night and all of today resetting every 5 minutes.
I finally got hold of Bell tech support in Canada and they agreed that this did not appear to be a software problem. (no shit.)
The Canadian tech support is shipping me out a new (refurbished) unit sometime this week. (and they were very helpfull)
Only took 4 calls and 4 days.
I guess I've lost all of my "educational" content on the PVR. Damn.

Thanks anyways.

Davester.

Zexhuffer
toonie
toonie

Postby Zexhuffer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Davester wrote:Nevermind... the unit spent last night and all of today resetting every 5 minutes.
I finally got hold of Bell tech support in Canada and they agreed that this did not appear to be a software problem. (no shit.)
The Canadian tech support is shipping me out a new (refurbished) unit sometime this week. (and they were very helpfull)
Only took 4 calls and 4 days.
I guess I've lost all of my "educational" content on the PVR. Damn.

Thanks anyways.

Davester.

Your only problem is that your still with bell in the first place. After years off pain like that and the worst...YES WORST customer service ever i switched everything to rogers. They aren't 100% perfect, but im also a picky a$$hat when it comes to bills. But rogers is 100 times better than bell
HAVES: Street fighter 2 Champions Edition, Nba jam, 60-1 cocktail
WANTS: Golden tee, Open ice challenge jamma

Davester
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby Davester » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:51 pm

I took the lesser of two evils... I was originally going to have Rogers but when they said that they'd be over in about 3 weeks to connect my cable, I went out and bought myself a Bell receiver... that was 10 years ago.
The CS isn't that bad as long as you don't get the overseas call center... they try to be helpfull but seem clueless/powerless.
Last night when I got the Canadian call center, they had a solution to my problem within 5 minutes. Still sucks my PVR is down but at least it's being taken seriously now.

Davester.

RayB
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby RayB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Yeah, I'm sorry but I have to defend Bell as well. Had their satellite service for 5 years and the only complaint there was the weather related signal drops. We switched to Rogers, and though installation service was good, the customer service is horrible. They messed up the order 5 times within first 2 days, and then it took 3 months to get the billing corrected. I'm also constantly called by them now offering other packages / services, which I wouldn't mind so much if the people calling didn't always sound like dumb-asses who can barely read the "script" in front of them.

Bell internet and phone support is equally great. But I do pay extra for business level services so, that probably is why.

PS: Also, comparing the digital "guides" from either service, Bell's is much better designed and has better features, and parental controls that actually work.

;-)

Return to “The Donut Shop”