Interesting thread about CGCC on Pinball Revolution.....

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

b1buwg97
Secret Order of the Black Pac
Secret Order of the Black Pac

Postby b1buwg97 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:24 pm

I am a member at all the other sites, pbrev, macca, klov etc...

This is the ONLY place I feel I can be my gay self without being judged

machine.slave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby machine.slave » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:56 pm

cooke wrote:Your avatar is broken.

Get it together. Holy. This place is falling apart.

I tried to edit my profile... the link is broken ;)
“Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd ask for a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth you'd probably be able to get a lot of free games.” - Jack Handy

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:06 pm

machine.slave wrote:Ken and I have been in contact, he has everything he needs to move the site to a different server (as far as I know).

Awesome!

So with access to the MySQL database used by the phpBB forum software, it would be incredibly easy to throw a new version of phpBB on a different host and seamlessly migrate all of the existing posts and users over.

Ken - I'm just putting the offer out there - I have an unlimited fat pipe and replicated cloud host if you want me to host CGCC indefinitely ;-)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris
http://goo.gl/UW7e9L

aerostarz
stubby
stubby

Postby aerostarz » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:11 pm

I cant Read my PM's. This is what I see

Could not update private message read status for user

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1690 BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`congobongo_xmb1`.`phpbb_users`.`user_unread_privmsg` - 1)'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_unread_privmsg = user_unread_privmsg - 1 WHERE user_id = 2053

Line : 273
File : privmsg.php

Pins: Popeye, JD, DM, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, RS.. just need IJ
Vids: Asteroids Deluxe,Tron,Battle Zone,Neo Geo 4,Centipede,Fix it Felix, SF 2,Space Duel,Major Havoc,World Class Bowling Deluxe,Radikal Biker,Golden Tee,Sega Super GT,Rampage,Cosmic Avengers

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby OTTOgd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:58 pm

jasonec wrote:Ken - I'm just putting the offer out there - I have an unlimited fat pipe and replicated cloud host if you want me to host CGCC indefinitely ;-)

Just start a fresh, new forum, Jason, before CGCC simply disappears from neglect. That would frustrate a 'migration' of collectors more difficult.

You're clearly very passionate about the hobby and technically capable ... and a good guy! Make it so!

JASONEC FOR SUPER-ADMIN ... ANYWHERE!

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:07 pm

OTTOgd wrote:
jasonec wrote:Ken - I'm just putting the offer out there - I have an unlimited fat pipe and replicated cloud host if you want me to host CGCC indefinitely ;-)

Just start a fresh, new forum, Jason, before CGCC simply disappears from neglect. That would frustrate a 'migration' of collectors more difficult.

You're clearly very passionate about the hobby and technically capable ... and a good guy! Make it so!

Thanks for the kind words Kevin - I definitely think CGCC rocks!
This is why I'd like to see CGCC (and all of the valuable information from the last decade on it) preserved by migrating the content and user database to a new host with the same CGCC.ca domain name.
Of course, I don't own CGCC or the CGCC.ca domain name, but I'm willing to help in any way/capacity to keep it running.
But hey......if CGCC (which looks like it's hosted on dreamhost.com) goes down due to maintenance neglect.....rest assured that I'll have a new domain and phpBB forum up within a day with an even cooler name, and I'll let everyone know on my contact list ;-)
Donkey Kong, Burgertime, Galaga, Pac-man, Ms.Pac-man, Missile Command, Robotron, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Tempest, Raiden, Tetris

nagamitsu
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby nagamitsu » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:47 pm

jasonec wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Kevin - I definitely think CGCC rocks!
This is why I'd like to see CGCC (and all of the valuable information from the last decade on it) preserved by migrating the content and user database to a new host with the same CGCC.ca domain name.
Of course, I don't own CGCC or the CGCC.ca domain name, but I'm willing to help in any way/capacity to keep it running.
But hey......if CGCC (which looks like it's hosted on dreamhost.com) goes down due to maintenance neglect.....rest assured that I'll have a new domain and phpBB forum up within a day with an even cooler name, and I'll let everyone know on my contact list ;-)

Lol, yes, Jason as admin for sure, but got you beat for the "within a day", have got a phpBB up and running currently, not being used for anything. Just plunk some images in and populate content. :wink:

Tim

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:54 pm

nagamitsu wrote:
Lol, yes, Jason as admin for sure, but got you beat for the "within a day", have got a phpBB up and running currently, not being used for anything. Just plunk some images in and populate content. :wink:

Tim

No you don't have me beat - I've got a sample phpBB host running AND a cool arcade domain name registered with Godaddy and ready to go :D

The "within a day" needed for a switchover would simply be me:
1) Having a coffee
2) Having another coffee
3) Editing the DNS records for the domain name
4) Having another coffee

machine.slave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby machine.slave » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:10 pm

Regardless of what happens and who's in charge, I'd still like to discuss the idea of a partnership in one form or another :)
“Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd ask for a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth you'd probably be able to get a lot of free games.” - Jack Handy

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 pm

machine.slave wrote:Regardless of what happens and who's in charge, I'd still like to discuss the idea of a partnership in one form or another :)

Sure thing man - you can grab me my coffee! :D

machine.slave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby machine.slave » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:15 pm

jasonec wrote:Sure thing man - you can grab me my coffee! :D

Or I could buy you a pint at the next admin meeting ;)

jasonec
SUPREME VIDIOT
SUPREME VIDIOT

Postby jasonec » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:19 pm

machine.slave wrote:
jasonec wrote:Sure thing man - you can grab me my coffee! :D

Or I could buy you a pint at the next admin meeting ;)

Perfect! 8)

nagamitsu
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby nagamitsu » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Lol Jason! I can assist too, mucho experience with web hosting, forum based sites etc...

Need to see my resume? :lol:

Tim

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:14 pm

Machine slave!!!!! Holy.

ancientgames
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Postby ancientgames » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:16 pm

Cooke!!!!! Holy hell!