For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

v.g.lover
stubby
stubby

WTB: A pinball machine for my wife's 30th

Postby v.g.lover » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help me out here. I've been out of the arcade scene for a while, and I was only ever into JAMMA stand-ups, nothing as serious as pinball. But my wife's 30th is coming up, and her goal was to always own a pinball machine by her 30th birthday, and I'd like to try and get her one if possible. (I definitely understand her wanting one. My goal was to own a stand-up by the time I was 16 and I did that and still have and love that crazy machine)

I know that anything with a DMD is probably out of my range, but in a table I know she likes fun features like multiball, ramps and sound clips.

I'm in Hamilton, but I think I'll be able to get a larger vehicle and drive to pick one up within a few hours of my house.

So, does anyone have a mid 80s era pinball that might fit my criteria and be a good first table? Or any advice on jumping in to the world of pinball (but I don't think I'll be getting multiples, making room for one will be a feat in itself)

Thanks so much!
~Gamin' ain't much of a livin'~

OTTOgd
Canadian Club
Canadian Club

Re: WTB: A pinball machine for my wife's 30th

Postby OTTOgd » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:55 am

Get a High Speed!

My first pin, thanks to CGCC, over 10 years ago. Williams made plenty and they're still lingering around at decent prices (I think). Still have mine and love it.

"504" this is dispatch... he what?"

"Suspect got away"

ericball
timbit
timbit

Postby ericball » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:38 am

The Evener
loonie
loonie

Postby The Evener » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 am

What Eric said!

The Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show on Sept 21 and 22 will have pins for sale from some collectors as well - monitor the OPGS Game list thread - some people are posting what they plan to sell, you could PM the seller and see if something could be arranged privately - or head up to Ottawa that weekend with room to take back a pin. :D

I'd also reach out to Warlock, he's in your area I think - he might have some leads based on what he's heard for the show.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”