arcade 1up machines almost here... price drop now $399 CAD

For everything Coin-Op and Arcade related

Moderators: machine.slave, Doc Kaos, mark, jasonec, CongoBongo, monkeybug

LoganN64
timbit
timbit

Re: arcade 1up machines almost here... price drop now $399 CAD

Postby LoganN64 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:30 pm

So I went to Auctionmaxx to see the place in person... wow... I was expecting something along the lines of a "Factory Direct" set up, but this was even more depressing than that... I don't know if I would even try to get anything from there under normal conditions.

Q B
stubby
stubby

Postby Q B » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:13 pm

I had a feeling it was going to be a disaster there man. pretty much a factory direct is what I thought. man good to know. so you didn't get a 1 up machine?
Sega Astro City 2.

AllanSim
loonie
loonie

Postby AllanSim » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:05 am

My experience at auctionmaxx wasn't *bad* although it was a little confusing. Inside the small & busy front area they had a group of computers where you could get the item number from their website and order it with your credit card, but for some reason once I registered a website account and my CC they make you wait a few days before you can use it to order something (??) so I just took the item number to the counter with people there, they processed it and using debit was an option to pay so i just paid for the cabinets that way. Then you go around the side and show the people at the warehouse entrance your order receipt and they bring the item out to you. I guess one other problem is that they only have a small amount of parking for such a busy place.

Lordsxo
timbit
timbit

Postby Lordsxo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:19 pm

tekkaraiden wrote:I used to assemble ikea furniture and I wouldn't trust the lack side table with anything more than 20lbs.

LoganN64 wrote:
AllanSim wrote:Now if only i could find some cheap risers -- 70 is too much for basically a small box. Will probably just get those ikea end tables for $10

I have been keeping my ear to the ground on the Arcade-1up community, and word on the street has it that IKEA sells some decent end-tables that can handle about 60-70 pounds, and make decent risers as long as you are ok with the aesthetics. I believe this is the table that they refer to... most of the modders are form the US, so it may have the same name(s) but lower quality.

Substitute RISER: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/lack-side- ... -20011408/

Substitute STOOL: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/marius-sto ... -10135659/

hope that helps.

I had a 111 lbs 30inch widescreen Tube TV on a LACK coffee table with no issues. That is the same 4 legs as the LACK Side table.
MVS-25-4 v2 [Super Dodgeball, Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, Baseball 2020] , New Net City (Capcom Vs. SNK) & Astro City (Shadow Dancer)
Passively looking for a Crazy Taxi upright.

Return to “Coin-Op Corner”